According to my last entry I’ve been away for a month and I know I should be kicking myself for it because I’ve been trying to post regularly, but I sit in front of the computer and can’t seem to do it. It has been known to happen before and I apologize for that.
Now, onto today’s topic: More makeup!
I’d been reading and watching videos about Ipsy‘s Glam Bags for a while and when the time came for me to decide to get an Ipsy year-long subscription I did it after pondering my finances. On the long run I believe it’s a very good deal.
What is Ipsy?
Ipsy was created by Michelle Phan as a way to answer the always asked question in her YouTube videos: “What are the right products for me?”
For $110 a year you get five makeup products in a pretty bag, every month and most products cost more than just the bag! If you are into makeup, like I recently am, or if you make vlogs (reviews or tutorials) I think this is a good purchase.
- Almost free makeup!
- Curated content to your needs, as you fill up a test before you order it
- Different products that you might not try on your own
- Different brands that you might not have heard of before
- A beautiful bag (a different one every month!) that you can use as whatever you’d like
- You might end up not using all the products
- You might end up not liking all the products
- You might not like a specific brand and you might get it
- You might end up hating a product that you can’t return
However here is a very important thing that I need to highlight: once you get the bag, you get the chance to review it and also each product, which means that you also help curate the content for the next bag! Be as honest as possible, the people at Ipsy have your best interest at heart and they truly want you to have a nice experience.
I will be getting my third glam bag soon and I’m very happy with the ones I’ve got so far. If you want to know more about the January and February bags keep an eye for my next blog entry.