So, here I am finally reviewing Ipsy’s July Glam Bag and yes, I do know I should have reviewed the others too, but sometimes you are just not into writing and time passes by and though I know that’s not the point I think that there’s nothing wrong with taking some time to gather your thoughts and come back full charge.
If you’re an Ipster, like me, then you would have noticed that the website underwent over some changes, that’s why my featured image look is different from my previous Ipsy review.
This month’s glambag made me think about Resident Evil’s Umbrella logo, which I guess has to do with being a gamer and loving makeup. If you’ve been following my blog I hope you’ve read about how important it is give Ipsy a chance beyond just one month and don’t make rash decision over issues that might happen; I review them so you can have a better look first hand and try them out.
This month’s theme was Hot Summer Nights, which is funny since in Costa Rica we don’t get four seasons like you might have in your country; we get only two: dry season (which could include really high temperatures and rain) and rainy season (which could include lots and lots of rain and heat). Usually summer is associated with going to the beach and we do have beautiful beaches for you to visit, but I’ll talk about that some other time.
Let’s talk about the products!
Meet Matt(e) Trimony Eyeshadow in Matt Kumar by theBalm
- Where can you get it? At theBlam for $42.00 (Full size. Nine shades.)
- The colour is beautiful and very cute for a smokey eye.
- It’s very pigmented so you’ll be able to get a couple of uses out if, however using an eyeshadow primer is always a plus! It also blends easily, which for someone like me who is a makeup newbie and even more to eyeshadow is helpful!
- Would I buy it? Absolutely!
Mini Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent by tre’StiQue
- Where can you get it? At tre’StiQue for $34.00 (Full size .Includes trèSwitch Perfecting Sponge.)
- It’s crayon format makes it easy to use and pretty to have along with your makeup. Also, it won’t ever spill wherever you choose to keep it.
- Also, I know a lot of you take this into consideration when buying so I’m glad to tell you that it’s listed as a Cruelty Free product!
- Would I buy it? Yes!
POWERLASH Black Mascara by ModelCo
- Where can you get it? At ModelCO for $9.
- Since its mini. It means you can take it with you when you travel, which is always important when you travel!
- It’s not as deep black as I would have wanted it to be.
- It clumps a little bit easy, but it’s nothing major and it saved me last time I needed a mascara and I couldn’t find the one I needed.
- Would I buy it? Probably not.
When life gives you one too many lemons (and you’ve misplaced your happy place) hand/body lotion by Not Soap, Radio
- Where can you get it? At Not Soap, Radio for $18. (Full size)
- I’ve never heard of this brand before and I have to say I wish I had! I don’t know about you, but I’ve had a few hand lotions that leave your skin way too wet without providing any real feeling of making any change in your skin and this one doesn’t! It actually dries fast, but it still soothes your skin and smooths it out!
- The smell of lemon brought a smile to my face and according to what the brand aims for with this product, it delivered on their promise!
- Would I buy it? Absolutely yes!
Luxie Rose Gold Small Angle Eye Brush 215 by Luxie Beauty
- Where can you get it? At Luxie for $10.
- Angled and small with synthetic bristles it makes a little easier to be precise and accurate when applying the eyeshadow.
- Worried about the fact that it might not be what you look for? Keep in mind that it’s also 100% Cruelty-free and 100% Vegan!
- Would I buy it? Yes!
Let’s talk about the money, money, money!
- Price of the bag: $10 (that includes five different products)
- Total value: $75.7 (approximately)
- What do I think about it? Ipsy keeps proving that it was a good investment on my part. I’m currently thinking about renewing my subscription, but let’s see how the year ends.
Are you planning to subscribe? Or maybe you already are? Leave a link to your review and I’ll be happy to read it.
Until our next trip together!